2023 Guidelines for Race Directors
1. NMORS is an association between mountain bike promoters, racers and unpaid administrative staff (including a Series Director) that wish to support and grow the sport of cross country mountain bike racing in NM and El Paso, Texas through a series of races composing the New Mexico Off Road Series.
This series will be held annually with events generally running from March through October. At the conclusion of each year the NMORS will award a series title to each of its category champions. The rules for the series champions are included in this document for 2023 but may be adjusted annually by the NMORS.
2. Annually through direct discussion and other means (email, text, etc.) the NMORS Director will update this document to reflect the needs of the cross country racing community.
3. The Series Director would like to have a calendar of the year’s events no later than the end of February for each year. This will allow the Series Director to update the rules for the upcoming year. The Series Director needs conformation that each race and promoter with a race in the series meets the appropriate criteria to be part of the series.
4. Series Races will meet the following minimum criteria:
- portable restrooms and/or other bathroom facilities
- appropriate course markings and marshals to minimize course cutting and lost riders
- land use permits
- liability insurance
- timing/scoring system
- prompt race results reporting to Series Director in the appropriate format electronically (see example below)
- online race registration
- manual registration system
- pay a one dollar per racer day surcharge to NMBRA within one week after the race for championship awards
- include the Series Director in your liability insurance.
Race directors are encouraged to import your results into a Webscorer.com format so they can be emailed to the Series Director in CSV format (excel spreadsheet) with the following fields:
- USAC License #( or the words “one-day”), can be blank if not a USAC insured event
- Last Name
- First Name
- Racing Age
- Finishing Place
- City of Residence (if available).